Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Teacher Post: The Book and You

This post has three parts to answer. It will take at least three to four sentences to completely answer them.

Text-to-self connections are connections that you make between the text and your own life experiences. Example: “This story reminds me of a visit to my grandmother’s house when ....”

Text-to-text connections are connections that you make to other things you have read -- a book, short story, or poem. Example: “This character has a similar problem to one that I read about in ....”

Text-to-world connections are broader connections that you make while reading. A book might remind you of something you learned through a movie, television program, newspaper, magazine, or song. Example: “When I was reading the book, I remember listening to a song that told about same idea of ....”

No comments: